How to Choose a Marketer
Choosing a marketer is an important decision, one you make based on your own personal and financial situation. Be sure to read all of the materials provided by your potential marketer. To help with the decision, we’ve created a checklist of important questions to ask:
- Does the Georgia Public Service Commission certify you?
- Do I have to sign a contract?
- If so, what are the terms and length of the contract?
- Is there a fee for canceling the contract?
- Whom do I call for questions about my bill?
- Do you have 24-hour customer service? If not, what are your customer service hours?
- What is your bill-dispute policy?
- Do you have local walk-in offices?
- Whom do I call if I have trouble with service?
Charges and Billing
- Will I be charged a deposit or upfront costs?
- What are your pricing terms?
- What are your rates? Are they fixed or do they vary?
- What are your payment terms?
- When and how often do you bill?
- Will I be charged if I switch marketers?
- How often can I change marketers?
- What consumer services do you offer in addition to gas sales?
- Do you offer:
- A budget payment plan?
- Online bill paying?
- Paying by automatic bank draft?
- Discounts for seniors?