Sniffy Says: Smell Gas? Act Fast!
Hi kids! I’m Sniffy. As a skunk, I certainly know about bad odors – like the “rotten egg” smell that is added to natural gas to help you know if there is a possible natural gas leak. That’s not all I know about natural gas. I know that when you smell the rotten egg odor of natural gas, you need to act fast! This means don’t delay — get away!
• Don’t look for the leak.
• Don’t use or touch anything electrical, like flipping off light switches or turning off the TV— things Mom and Dad would normally have you do before you leave the house.
• Don’t even use a cell phone!
Just leave the area right away and then call us at 1-877-427-4321 or 911.
Try these fun activities to learn more about natural gas:
• Print my picture and color it
• Help me find my way out of this maze
• Ask your parents to help you with some amazing science experiments
Remember: Smell Gas? Act Fast! You can teach your whole family about what to do if they smell the rotten egg odor of natural gas, too. Everyone should know what to do if they think they smell a possible natural gas leak at home, school, or wherever you are!