First-Time Georgia Consumer
If you are a first-time natural gas customer in Georgia, here’s what you need to know:
- The natural gas market in Georgia is deregulated, which means customers buy their natural gas from a supplier called a marketer, approved by the Georgia Public Service Commission.
- Atlanta Gas Light is a distributor. We maintain the pipeline infrastructure that carries the natural gas to your home. We also read the meters of customers and provide that reading to the marketers each month.
- Your monthly bill will show natural gas charges from your marketer and distribution charges from Atlanta Gas Light.
- If you have questions about your bill, always contact your marketer.
- If you have an emergency such as a potential natural gas leak, please leave the area and call us at 877.427.4321.